Chernow selected as 1 of only 4 franchise lawyers in Pennsylvania and New Jersey and 1 of only 169 internationally to be nominated to The International Who's Who of Franchise Lawyers
Chernow appointed to American Bar Association Forum on Franchising Governing Committee.
Chernow appointed to American Bar Association Forum on Franchising Governing Committee as Chair of the Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution Division.
Chernow appointed as Chair of the Montgomery County Bar Association Franchise Law Committee for a third term.
Chernow appointed to International Franchise Association Legal Symposium Task Force.
Chernow selected as one of only four as a Pennsylvania "Super Lawyer" in franchising.
Chernow selected by Franchise Times as "Top Legal Eagle" and "Hot Shot" franchise attorney.
Chernow selected by Pennsylvania Law Weekly as one of "50 on the Fast Track"
Chernow elected President of Temple University Owl Club and member of its Executive Committee and Board of Directors
Chernow receives award as "Member of the Year" award from the American Association of Franchisees and Dealers
Chernow Contributing Author: Franchising 101: The Complete Guide to Evaluating Buying and Growing Your Franchise Business
Selection of Speaker and Author presentations:
Intellectual Property Articles
- Equal Justice for All: The Franchise Agreement - From the perspective of the Franchisor and the Franchisee (Philadelphia, PA);
- Anatomy of a Franchise Divorce (Philadelphia, PA);
- Essentials of Franchising (New York, NY);
- Franchising 101 (Montgomery County, PA);
- Preparing for the Big Match - Litigation, Arbitration or Mediation (Hilton Head, SC);
- Negotiating a Franchise Agreement (New Orleans, LA);
- The Road to Perdition: The Case Against Arbitration (Hollywood, FL); and
- Franchising 101: The Complete Guide (Keystone, CO);
- Multi-Unit Franchising (Atlanta, GA).
- Donāt Give Away the Ship ö The Sale and Purchase of a Franchise (Coeur dāAlene, ID);
- Plenary Session: Teeing Off ö Setting Up to Hit the Long Drive: An Overview of Crucial Topics Affecting Franchisees (Hilton Head, SC);
- ADA Compliance: What Are the Franchiseeās Duties? (Lake Tahoe, NV);
- Business 101: Business of Contract Law, Employment Law and Leases (Lake Tahoe, NV);
- Two Sides to Every (Franchise) Story (Chicago);
- Beyond Your Franchise Agreement (Las Vegas, NV);
- The Prevent Defense: Franchise Advisory Boards & Councils, Franchisee Associations, and Troubled Franchisees (Ft. Lauderdale, FL);
- The Facts on Proposed Federal Fair Franchising Legislation (San Diego, CA);
- Distribution and Franchise Law (Philadelphia, PA);
- Negotiation in the Franchise Relationship (Washington, DC);
- In Search of the Wind: Mediation, Arbitration or Litigation (Coeur dāAlene, ID);
- Third Circuit Provides Protection Blueprint for Artists (in association with R. Scott MacKendrick), World Copyright Law Report
- The "File-Sharing Case", Mercer County Business Journal.
- Copyright in Crises, Legal Intelligencer, Intellectual Property Supplement.
- "E-mail Retention Policies and their Legal Implications" Lecture before the Philadelphia Bar Association Cyberspace and E-Commerce Committee.
- Post-Napster, File-sharing Software That Facilitates Music Swapping Found Not Liable For Copyright Infringement, Legal Intelligencer, Intellectual Property Supplement.
- "E-Fusion, Navigating the perils of E-Commerce" Lecture at AM Best's National Insurance Convention in Washington, D.C.
- Maintaining Internet Marketing and Sales Efforts in Light of Privacy Concerns (with Brian Longest), Privacy Officer Advisor, Vol. 2, No. 9.
- "Intellectual Property and the Web" drafted this section of a Insurance Handbook entitled @Risk -- Internet and E-Commerce Insurance and Reinsurance Legal Issues.
- "Content Protection" as part of a lecture series entitled Emerging E-Commerce Issues: Data Privacy, Content Protection, Cybersmear and Security, Sponsored by Cozen & O'Connor and Price Waterhouse Coopers, Philadelphia, PA.
- State Street May Place Start-ups In Peril, Tech Trends, New York Law Journal, Vol. 2. No. 9.
- Representing A Technology Start Up, Tech Trends, New York Law Journal Vol. 2. No.7.
- The Need For Legislation To Encourage Federal Agencies To Resolve Patent Disputes (With Saul Elbaum), Intellectual Property Today, Vol. 5, No. 9.
- Looking For A Partner? You May Want Uncle Sam (with David Cohen), Washington Business Journal Vol. 17 No. 11.